QuickDOF is a script that allow you to quickly get a DOF effect with
This script rely on the principle exposed in the blender documentation
and which is usually called as the "Drunk Camera" method.
HOW TO GET A DEMO ?
and open it.
Press F12 to get an image without DOF effect.
With you mouse on the Text Editor window, press
A gui is displayed and an Empty named "
" is then created that your camera is now tracking (try to grab it to make sure it works)
Grab it up to the sphere the middle (
G - Y
and move your mouse until Focus is close from sphere at the middle). Leave parameter unchanged and click on "
Blender is going to render 5 times the same image with slight difference each time (motion blur is acting)
When finished, you should have the same image with DOF effect.
HOW TO INSTALL THIS SCRIPT ?
file into the "
" directory of
your Blender installation.
In a Script window, go to the "Script
menu entry and perform an "Update
Now, still in a Script window, go to Menu "Script->Render
You should see a "
HOW TO USE THIS SCRIPT ?
Select a camera (RMB click on it)
If script is not installed:,
- Open a Text Editor window
- In Text Editor window, open the QuickDOF.py script
- Run the script (Alt-P)
If script is installed,
- Open a Scripts window
- Go to menu Script->Render->QuickDOF
Once the script is started:
- Grab the Focus empty to where your want the focus to be.
- In the GUI, set parameters
- Click either on Render Frame to only render the current Frame or on Render Anim to render your whole animation.
TO BE FINISHED ...